1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking to replace Peavey Tour 450

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by southdeltan, Jul 14, 2014.

1. I've had this head for a while and I'm just not happy with it. I'm running it into a Carvin 410 (8ohm, 800 watt) cabinet. It's a sealed cabinet with the selector on the back (which doesn't seem to do anything) that weighs a ton.

My other amp is a Fender Rumble 100 with the 15. It's from the first series they made. I love the sound, but it's not loud enough sometimes, especially with a band that doesn't have a proper PA (the mains are tiny, no subs).

I played through a GK 1001RB running into a GK Neo 115 (400w 4ohm) and loved it but right now they're both out of my price range.

I'm hoping to replace the head first. I may keep the cabinet, the only draw back is that it's heavier than I'd like to fool with.

I've looked at the Carvin B2000 but of course being east of the MS it's hard to find one to play. I'd be open to a different GK if it could give me more volume than the rig I have.

Suggestions?