1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking to Upgrade - any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Epsilon, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Epsilon

Epsilon

Mar 22, 2006
    :) Hi All,

First, I am a newbie here and have been primarily a lurker, but this is a great informative site!

Anyway, I am contemplating upgrading my bass and finally had a chance to go somewhere that had some higher end basses.

I got the chance to play an MTD 535, Modulus Quantum 5, and an F Bass BN5 (all through Epifani gear).

Ive tried to do some searching on here and read some posts regarding all these basses. Anyone have thoughts on these axes or have compared them directly before?

All 3 ran about $3K - so comparable price. The only bass I also played that was significantly cheaper was a Spector Euro 5 LX - which I thought for the money ($1500) was really good and compared well with the other three surprisingly.

Opinions on these four basses? Thanks in advance since my only playing experience on these were today.:)