1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

looking to upgrade my rig.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bbe, Jun 19, 2007.

1. bbe

bbe

Nov 6, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Im looking to upgrade my rig a bit, and want to know what id be better off with. I currently play through a GK backline 115 combo, and i like its tone, its just not powerful enough. I dont gig enough or at big enough places to require more than 300 watts of power, so for a head i am probably going to get a GK rb400 IV since ive played it before at a local shop and liked it. What i really need to know is what cab to get. Again, i dont need anything too powerful, so i was looking at either getting a gk backline 4x10, a hartke transporter 4x10, or a carvin br series 2x10, all of which range from 250 to 300 new. so which of these cabs would most likely be the best with the gk head?

2. IMO I would suggest checking out Avatar.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com

same pricerange (maybe a little more)
    Much better quality. again IMO and YMMV

3. bbe

bbe

Nov 6, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    what kind of tone do avatars make?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021