1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looks like Ernie ball has a new bass coming out?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lovenotfear, Nov 8, 2010.

1. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
  2. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
  3. jwn1969

jwn1969

Nov 13, 2008
    Brigantine, NJ
  4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If they wanted to really be game changers they'd make the Reflex basses cheaper.

5. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    Wolfgang bass?

6. Oh my god EB need to stop making new models. Apart from anything else it just makes the last one look like it didn't work.

How about, instead of releasing 8 basses in a 5 year period, do 5 years R&D and come out with one stunning new bass?

7. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    ha! ha!

8. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    Hey at least they're trying...I just wish they'd release a 100% positive bass. I know it isn't what they've made they're money on. They do have the passive SUBs...but...

9. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    They are on fire these days making new and exciting instruments. They aren't for everyone but why not applaud them for trying new things and keeping the ones that are successful.

I finally bought a Bongo last year and it really is a fantastic bass. Having said that, I still prefer my Stingrays.

10. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START.

Seems like that's how the toggle switch will be used..

11. mr.mow

mr.mow

Feb 11, 2009
    Melbourne
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    Just needs /\ [] O X buttons! :p

12. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    It's probably the Gamechanger which is slated to debut on the Reflex.
    Finally something different from a major maker. God help us if Sterling's innovative spirit weakens and he starts making Jazz bass copies instead.

13. cassius987

cassius987 Banned

Apr 20, 2007
    Denver, CO
    That's cool but I think people on the forum linked are just getting freakishly excited. I'll have to hear it myself to really even comprehend it, let alone cream over it.

I have done a lot of experimental wiring mods to my basses, loved and unloved alike, and almost every time I return happily to the stock passive configuration, but apparently that is boring and needs "fixing" so we can all have 100 sounds in each of our basses, that all sound 99% alike. I hope this isn't just another one of those sort of solutions to non-existent problems.

14. DaLoCo

DaLoCo

Jun 16, 2010
    South Africa
    I see a Reflex in my future.....bugger, that's what I said about the Dingwall AB, and the Fodera, and there was a Ken Smith as well....

Call me the Crow, because I like shiny things.

15. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    cool. i wish MM would make an all passive version of a Ray. i would be all over that.

16. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    fEARful (I endorse them, not visa versa)
    Maaaaaaan...... I miss playing Contra.:bawl:

17. Yeah pretty much. For those who don't know its a system to change the analogue signal path digitally, like the BD deluxe for example. So you can have any combination of coils, polarities, series/parallel, active/passive yaddah yaddah programable from the computer. No digital processing, just digital control.

Sounds like MM and some other companies simultaneously developed the same sorta concept. I think Ernies had this in the pipeline for a while, but because of the legal issues has had to keep it under raps.

18. Why not just get a ray and make it passive?

19. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    If you're the kind who KISSes it then it's probably not for you.

To me, the iPhone potential alone is exciting. :D