Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looks like I'm getting a new amp.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by StrudelBass, Apr 26, 2003.

1. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    I went to a local guitar shop, Sam Ash, today. I asked the man if he had any SWR LA15 amps and he told us(my mom and I) that they didn't have any in stock but he could order one in.

So basically we put the amp on lay away. I think we had to pay 50% of the price in order for them to hold an amp in stock for us. According to the salesman, it would arrive in 2 weeks. I can't wait.

You think my mom's money will be safe in the hands of such a store? Is my amp okay?

(Honestly when I was making this thread I actually had good questions in mind but forgot.):meh:

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    sam ash is pretty respectable, you dont have anything to worry about.

4. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    I gave it two weeks and finally my mom called them, still hasn't come in... :meh: ...more waiting grr! :mad:

5. oh man I know that feeling.

Music shops always do this to me. I waited 2.5 months on a pickguard that would take a week to arrive, 4 weeks for a case that should've been a week.

Hopefully the store i ordered my theory book from will stick to their '5 day' peroid