Looks like it's new car time!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Sep 9, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    My scirocco took a dump a few weeks ago, and i'm sick of trying to pretend to be an automechanic. I'm just not that good at fixing cars, and it would take way more money. So...i believe i'm going to get this:

1990 Nissan 240SX SE

5spd, power everything, leather, looks/runs/drives like a brand new car. RWD is FUN, and the thing idles so smooth you can't even tell it's running.

after 5 VW's in a row (73 SuperBeetle, 90 Corrado, 87 Scirocco, 83 GTi hybrid, 88 Scirocco) i think it's time for something different. This thing will be a big hike in the fun factor, and a HUGE improvement in the reliability factor. The haulability will be down a little from my scirocco, but i don't ever have to move my goliath senior anyways. the plan is to get a pair of 112's for everything except PP gigs. Only other variable is whether an upright fits, and i'm pretty sure it will.

Looks like wednesday's gonna be the day. My dad wants to go check it out seeing as how he's cosigning on the loan. And if he gives it the thumbs up i'll drive it home that nite. WHEEEEE!
  2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Not bad!!

Put a kit on her, beef up the tyres, and new mags, enlarge the spoiler, and you will have a MASSIVE fun factor, aswell as get some looks ;)

Have fun with her man!
  3. Nice car - always did like the old 200SX, although the newer one is nice too!

If I remember correctly that's 169 bhp, with a 0-60mph in under 7 seconds!!!!! Sweet!

Watch if you do put a body kit on it - a guy that worked at Motorola when I did had a silver one that he put this amazing looking body kit on! It did look good, but he had about 2 inches of ground clearance - he couldn't go over speed bumps!