Looks Like my EBS Unichorus was "modded"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by franvarin, Dec 29, 2017.

1. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island
    I've had an EBS Unichorus for about a year, I picked it up in a trade and have used it without issue. Yesterday I opened it up to tweak the internal trim pot and found something I thought was very odd. There is a capacitor soldered across two terminals on the wrong side of the circuit board. It looks to me like someone modded the unit.

I'm hoping someone has some insight since this looks very odd to me. The first picture is my unit with the rogue capacitor and the second is one I found on the net. Notice the latter does not have the cap! 20171229_141035.jpg ebschorus5.jpg

2. AdamR

AdamR Inactive Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Yours is a Revision C. The other is an A. It also has the trim pot in a different location. Most likely it has not been modified.

3. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Scandinavia
    Yep. It’s pretty obvious that the 2 pictures are different, 1 says rev A and the other rev C1.
    Are u blind or...?

4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Your pedal is not modded, unless mine also has been tampered with. :)

IMG_0282.JPG

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    blindrabbit and franvarin like this.
  5. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island
    thanks! It just seemed very strange to me to have a cap soldered to the other side of the board. I've never seen such a thing and figured it was not a common practice and could be some aftermarket modification. I'm relieved to find that is apparently not the case. Thanks for taking the time to respond and popping the back off your pedal!

FretNoMore likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022