Looks like the latest batch of skyline hollowbodies are shipping out...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Aug 20, 2004.

1. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    ... Because mine showed up at the door today! Yeah for the UPS guy... What a cool bass! This one is my first venture into a hollowbody, and I like it. Just like any other lakland, the fit/finish is first class... everything looks and feels great! I played it unplugged first, just to get an idea of it. The bass seems pretty loud, even for a hollowbody. It will easily be the sitting-on-the-couch-with-nothing-on-tv-bass. It came strung with flatwounds, which is a nice departure for me. Once I plugged it in, it became very apparent how cool this bass really is. I found myself really liking the bridge pickup soloed with the coil split off the most. Both pickups sound very cool, and it really sounds punchy but with a thicker vibe in the humbucker mode. With the pickups split, it really takes the punch away, but leaves a very smooth sound. If you have been thinking about one of these basses, this is definately a great bass... like all the other laklands!

obligatory pics to follow.....

2. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    here is a cool picture of the booty..... great color!

and an additional picture of all my Lakies! I am so spoiled!

3. Man!!, what a sweet collection of fine basses you have!!! Im very jealous :mad: :smug:

That gorgeous hollowbody adds a nice touch to three rockin solids! Love the finish too, unique, but elegant. Glad to hear you love it, it looks like it deserves to be loved :p

Im totally diggin the blue 55-94 w/maple board, killer killer killer looking bass!!...hey whats your address?? :ninja:
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Very, very nice. I'm a big fan of the departure from the awful headstock design of normal Laklands (IMO, of course). How much did it set you back?
  5. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    hey, watch out there you.... :spit: :D

I think most places sell them for around 1100$ USD... I am in a unique position to get a discounted price...

6. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Looks just like my HB! I love this thing...

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Nice, being the hollow body nut that i am i should really make a point to try one.I still think the one i saw in Blueburst is calling my name. :D
  8. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I like the bass... I really do! I just have a couple of issues with it... First, I think I am going to put some rounds on it, and not use the flats. I want a little more aggressive tone, and a little more focus on the E string. Second, I just don't know when I am going to use the thing! It may very well be a bass that always gets jammed on around the house, or I may actually send this one back to Chicago.... I haven't decided yet...

9. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002

Feel free to send me your JO5 if you need an excuse to play your HB more. :D
  10. main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Mine is Candy Apple Red and I love it for my Blues music. However my Number 1 is still my Gibson Les Paul Signature, but its too valuable now to take out of the house. The Lakeland is the one I go out with.
  11. I think I might need one of those. Enjoy!
  12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yum. When do the 5-strings ship?
  13. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I was worried that I may have to send this one back, just because I wasn't sure of the sounds I was getting... Well, that is not the issue now! I put some roundwounds on it, and it just cranks now! Very cool sounds that I can do all sorts of things with... the flats just weren't my cup of tea.... So all is good in Lakland skyline hollowbody land....