1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looks like the NEW V2 Sire basses have landed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jlepre, Oct 25, 2018.

1. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    So it appears that the V2 basses have hit the European market. Sire Version 2 Marcus Miller P7 Swamp Ash 5 String White Blonde - Andertons Music Co.
    Prices have really jumped to $850 US from $699 US. Not sure I'm going to take the plunge on these newer models. I'm happy with my V1.

EDIT: Looks like they are in the US market as well with a price bump to $769, so not as bad as I thought. Whoops! Hold on a second. It appears that the Gig bag is now a $50 add on, so now we're at $120!

2nd Generation – Sire marcus miller p7 5st (ash) – Sire Webstore-USA

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  2. jackn1202

jackn1202

Feb 14, 2018
    Austin, TX
    They hit the US market too, I think they look great. Not too happy about the new battery cover though, the old one was plastic and you could just pop out the battery but the new one is ash and you have to screw it off. I mean it looks way better, but it's less functional.

3. 80jazz

80jazz

Jun 28, 2008
    Kansas
    I see some color options are missing. I wonder they are just off the site or discontinued?

lowdownthump and jlepre like this.
  4. electro8

electro8

Oct 13, 2018
    Chicago
    I really hope that they keep selling the V1s. Rolled frets and ebony is nice and all, but a $499 bass that punches well above its weight is still huge.

jlepre and lowdownthump like this.
  5. lowdownthump

lowdownthump Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Yep. Unfortunately ,the more costly the materials and the more man-hours required the higher the price .

6. No mention of anything like a versions 2 on Sire's website. Rather just a new bridge ? Listed at 549€ at Thomann.

7. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    Did I read that the version 2 basses would be lighter?

selowitch likes this.