Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looky what I just bought :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by allan grossman, Apr 15, 2003.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    very nice.. I like the fodera NYC basses.. If you decide you just want to give away one day, I can give it a good home ;)

2. Hell, when the spousal unit finds out about it I may be looking for a new home :(

Actually I've got a bass and a practice amp about ready to go on the auction block to help finance this purchase.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    very nice, allan. is that a clear pickguard? it would probably look really cool with a white/black/white one. :D

4. Thanks, john -

Actually the clear pickguard is being replaced by a tortoiseshell one that Fodera is making even as we speak. Tuners have been replaced with black Hipshot Ultralite elephant-ear tuners.

I managed to snag this one for $1375 shipped. I'm pretty happy with the deal :)

5. Allan, sweet deal. How does it sound compared to other Fodera models, i.e. Monarch, Emperor, can you get that Vic Wooten sound?

6. I couldn't get Victa's sound out of Victa's bass if you held a gun to my head :)

From what I near the NYC line has bodies CNC machined instead of handmade. This one has the Pope preamp so it ought to sound a whole lot like Victa - if he were playing it :)

Qualitywise I think it'll compare nicely to a Sadowsky or Lakland, but I'm not expecting any more than that. I've only seen one up close.

7. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    sweet bass! *I hate you* (I'll stop hating you if you give me that bass instead of keeping it yourself... and this would have to be free of course! :D ) haha j/k very very nice :)

8. how in the world did you get that for 13? They list for 3200 on the site

9. Nice score, Allan.

Good luck with her.

Mike

10. Heck, just do what I do - tell the unit it's a $50 Pawn Shop deal.

11. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    thats a sweet lookin bass!

12. peteroberts asked...

how in the world did you get that for 13? They list for 3200 on the site

It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes I'm in the right place at the right time ;)

13. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah I had the chance to grab an NYC 4-string this summer for just alittle over 1k this past summer.. but I ended up with an Elrick instead.. but these basses do have a very cool feel and sound