Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Loooper Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sean_w_mcgrath, Aug 5, 2005.

1. sean_w_mcgrath

sean_w_mcgrath does this forum name make me look fat?

I am asking this here cause the Looper site isn't all that clear but...

Say you have a 3 Loooper, is it possible to have all 3 loops in your signal chain at once? or can you only have one on at a time? I am assuming it is the first option....but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks.

2. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Each loop has an in/out switch. You can have any combinations of loops active. (Want to buy mine? I don't use it anymore.)

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yes, you can have 1,2 or 3 on at a time

I have a 3 loop loooper, I also got Dave Boggs to add a master bypass switch. with this, I can bring 1 to 3 loops in/out of the path at one time.

4. sean_w_mcgrath

sean_w_mcgrath does this forum name make me look fat?

thanks guys!

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What's a 3 Looper?

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    http://www.loooper.com

A looper is ..well a branch in your signal chain that, via a switch, takes an effect out of your signal chain when you are not using it. A 3 looper is a battery of three loops for people with lots of effects.

It's like an isolation valve for plumbing.

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    AAAHHHHHHHHHHH.........now I get it. I thought that you may be talking about a pedal that can RECORD 3 loops at a time. Thanks.

8. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    say i have a line of effects (dirty and clean)

and i can use to looper to chain it?

one click to clean, another to dirty?

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Yup. You'll have your clean signal line with an effects line parallel to it. The looper allows you to switch between the two lines.

10. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I just recently ordered a 3 loooper with a couple of custom options from Dave Boggs.

3 loooper with a tuner mute
    A or B inputs for two basses.
    two outputs for two amps.

The loops only tap into one of the outputs. The other output is for a clean signal only.

$145 + shipping. Cheaper than buying a few separate boxes of dubious quality. Certainly less clutter on deck.

11. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Hmm... anyone else find it funny that a 1 Loooper is cheaper than a Micro? By $2. I just find that funny.

12. technik

technik

Oct 27, 2004
    Jakarta, ID
    so, each switch is an on and off switch right? Let say I have 2 Looopers, I can just on "Loop 1" and off it with the same switch? Or I have to either on "Loop 1" or on "Loop 2" ?

Which make 3 options, On "Loop 1" and "Loop 2", On "Loop 1", On "Loop 2" and "bypass"?

Otherwise I have to get the "master bypass" option

thanks

13. slimjazz

slimjazz

Jul 2, 2005
    does it matter where the Loooper is in the chain? I would like to loop my korg dt-10 tuner and my bass chorus with 1 loooper cuz they're not true bypass. My chain right now goes like this..

pedal tuner > Qtron+ > punch factory > sansamp programmable bass driver > digitech bass chorus

the chorus should be after the sansamp but the tuner should be in the beginning. I want to get 1 loooper to loop the tuner and chorus. where would you put it?

so where should I put the loooper?? can I put it anywhere and not have to worry about the chorus not being last (after the sansamp)?

14. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Man, I really only see the need for 1 or 2 Looopers max, unless you use multiple FX in separate loops that need to be on at the same time. Otherwise I just turn off/on each of the 5 pedals that are in my same loop.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here, but put that first list of FX in the first loop, and then the tuner and chorus in the 2nd one. I'm not sure exactly if that'll make it "after" the SansAmp, but I'm guessing if you turn one on and then the other, in theory it should come "after" the first loop. And your tuner doesn't have to be before or after or really in any specific order to work correctly, so don't worry about that. Most people I know put it last anyhow. Why don't you put the tuner and the Qtron and Punch Factory in 1 loop, and the Sansamp and chorus in another? That'd work.

15. technik

technik

Oct 27, 2004
    Jakarta, ID
    Can anyone please answer my question please? :crying:

thanks

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    For a 2 Looper (which I have), you turn on and turn off Loop 1 with the Loop 1 switch. Same thing with Loop 2. They can both be on, they can both be off, just Loop 1 can be on, or just Loop 2 can be on.

I got the Master Bypass option on mine and it's probably my favorite feature, because I can bypass whatever loops are going with one switch instantaneously (rather than having to turn off Loop 1 then Loop 2). Also, while it's bypassed, you can switch what loops you had on without any noise. For example, say you have a wah on Loop 1 and a distortion on Loop 2. You can play with just the wah on, hit the Master Bypass and play clean for a bit while switching Loop 2 on, then hit Master Bypass again and both the wah and distortion are on together.