Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Loooper question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by uly_, Oct 12, 2005.

1. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Hello fellow TB'ers

I've come to a point where I grew tired of stepping around like a dancer and thinking about buying a Loooper.

I made a "setup" in photoshop so you can see what my idea is all about:

http://www.bo-mortensen.dk/setup.jpg

This is what's going on:

For clean tone I obviously just let my overdrive out and have aphex turned on. Sadowsky is always on.
    For mild overdrive I kick both overdrive and Aphex in.
    And for heavy overdrive I kick the overdrive in and turn Aphex off.

My question to you is:

What will happen if use A&B (mild overdrive) and then kick the A/B knop, will it go back to just using the A loop? So if I use A&B loop for mild overdrive and want to kick in heavy overdriver I have to hit the A/B knop twice?

Bit confused here, hope someone can help me out :)

Thx in advance.

2. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    What you want is a Wobo Double Looper. It has an invert button. So you want Clean? You have nothing on. You want the Aphex? You have Loop B with the Aphex. Mild Overdrive? Step on Loop A. Big Overdrive? Just turn off B. Now you want Mild overdrive from completely clean? Just press the Invert button and it turns both loops on...Dunno if I explained it very well, but if you get one you'll understand what I mean.

http://galaxy.uci.agh.edu.pl/~bochniak/woboge/english/boxes_doublelooper.html

Oh and to answer your question...You have mild overdrive with both loops on...You just step on Loop B to turn it off and leave the Heavy Overdrive on. That's what would happen if you got one of these units.

3. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Looks like a great little thingie there Higgie, thanks for your answer!

I'm not 100% sure if I understand the invert button. Say I have my aphex on loop A and my Overdrive on Loop B.

So if I want to go from big overdrive(B on, A off) to clean(A on, B off) I simply just step on the Invert knop and it turns B off and A on?

Them loopers are confusing :D

4. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Yep, ya got it spot on.

Basically it just does the exact opposite to whatever state each loop is in.

Both loops off, you step on Invert, Both loops now on.
    Both loops on, you step on Invert, Both loops now off.
    Loop A is on, you step on Invert, Loop B now on, Loop A now off,
    and Loop B is on, you step on Invert, Loop A now on, Loop B now off.

Simple as that ;)

5. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Christ! That thing is awesome!

Gonna order it tomorrow, seems like just what I need :cool:

Thanks a lot for ur help mate, mucho appreciated! :hyper:

6. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    No problem, I'm sure you'll love it. You do have a Power Supply though, right? This thing doesn't have a battery compartment.

One of these will go down a treat: http://www.guitareffectspedals.com/power-all.html ;)

Am gonna get myself the UK version soon after i've bought my octave pedal ;)

7. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Hmm, I've got the Cioks baby w/ 5 inputs. Don't know if that can be used for the looper?

If its made in USA it uses some other voltage? Jesez im a newbie when it comes to electronics :D

8. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I recommend Looopers not as much anymore, as mine crapped out after only 2 years of (not really much) playing. I got a Boss LS-2 to replace it, since my other Boss gear has lasted the last 7+ years and like it so far. It'll do until I get a rackmount full-FX unit, or throw my pedals in a custom-rack job. While not "true bypass", it hardly takes away signal oomph from what I can tell. 1 or 2 pedals ain't gonna do much harm.

But that unit looks pretty rad. If I ever get another "looping" unit, it just might be that one!!

9. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    That power supply should do the trick just fine, if that's what your using to power your other pedals ;)

And yeah, it's a pretty bad-ass unit. Very useful.

10. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Only problem with any power supply you daisy chain is you can get ground loops which is basically hum,

Higgie I'm pretty sure you will defo get this whith how many you are using, it was on of the reasons I minimised