Loooper w. blend option vs Raven MDB-1

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Schizoid75, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I've got a Raven Labs MDB-1 that I love. Never know when it's going to come in handy for all sorts of applications. Currently, it's in my pedal board so that I can use its aux in and out w. blend knob for my EBS BassIQ. I found that I lost too much fundamental for my taste when using the BassIQ in line with all my other effects. Blended in the loop of the Raven, I get the sounds I want. The only problem is that the Raven seems like overkill for this sort of application. Takes up a good chuck of real estate in my pedal board.

I know that Loooper will add a blend knob as a custom option. Being the non-technical person that I am, can someone comment on the difference between the circuit used in for the aux in/out/blend in the Raven unit versus what I would get with the Loooper? There was another post where a user was dissatisified with his Loooper because when his blend was set 1/2 way, his volume was much lower than at either the min or max values. He had his entire pedals setup in the loop, whereas I only have one pedal currently.

Comments or advice?

2. That was me...So glad you remembered!

I'm using the loooper w/ blend to 'tame' my Mini Q, which had a volume jump when engaged. I set the blend to about 75% wet, and now the Mini sounds great. But, I'm in the process of liquidating my effects, which includes the Loooper...If you're interested, PM me.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    the loooper is a passive blend, so you can run into impedance issues when trying to blend wet/dry signals.
    Even Dave Boggs (mr loooper) notes that YMMV when using the blend feature on looopers
    The Raven is cool, or you could also look at something like the Boss LS-2 line selector.