Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

loop boxes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LAKLAND011, Oct 20, 2002.

1. I am finally getting my effects rig together and I have a need for a box that provides me with some quality looping options. I don't want to spend a ton of cash. I only need two loops right now.

I was looking at the Boss LS-2 and I really like the versatility and line level controls of this box but fear the lack of true bypass. How prevailent is the affectation? Does anyone here use this box?

I've seen the LOOOPER site and wonder if anyone has gone this route. Any reports of +'s or -'s is greatly appreciated.

Are there other boxes that offer level controls for each loop? This is not essential but I dig the option. I don't think I should sacrifice true bypass to get it.

I dig a small footprint but not so small that I have a danger of hitting the wrong switch.

What other options do I have? Any Ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BTW/ if anyone here is selling such a box that they've outgrown (in good condition) please let me know.

Thank you

2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    just posted this elsewhere:

3. Can anyone help me here?

I've ruled out the LS2 because I want loops to eliminate noise from my chain. The LS2 seems counterproductive in this regard.

Outside of the LOOOPER what are my options?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

4. BenF

BenF

Mar 29, 2001
    Boston area
    http://www.pedalboard.com/switchb.asp

I've got the switchbox dual unit. It's true bypass but doesn't have level or blend controls. I use one loop for effects and the send of the other loop for a tuner.

5. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    there are tons of small pedal makers who can build you something like this for cheap. the loooper pedals have a very good reputation. i'm using an overpriced but fashionable double true bypass box made by "banzai". i paid too much for it though and if i were to do it again i would buy one from loooper.

-steve

6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    If you havn't tried the LS-2 I think you should give it a listen. It's not that bad.

7. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I use a Tb box from Monkey effects in UK. Cost me £40.

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

True bypass is a sweet dream.
    It simply doesn't exist, whatever the builders claim.
    I'm perfectly happy with the LS-2, it has more functionalities than most other loop boxes, and it's decently, if not perfectly, silent.

9. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    True bypass is only part of the solution if there's a problem. Multiple Boss pedals cause a loss of clarity or tone that might bug some people. I cannot run a DD3 and CE2 without one. The downside is that TB makes one huge cable causing it's own problems. A buffer in the signal chain will help.