1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Loop effect

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tyggis, Mar 14, 2008.

1. tyggis

tyggis

Mar 11, 2008
    I am looking for a good loop effect machine for electric bass and double bass. Any ideas ?

Thanks.

2. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    jamman by digitech

3. tyggis

tyggis

Mar 11, 2008
    And if possible, please recommend one with several tracks. Price is not important.

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Boss RC50 then, you can have 3 separate tracks with multiple overdubs on each. Big and expensive.

5. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    RC-50 is fantastic and not even all that much money if you know how to haggle. Tons of space and savable presets, midi control, etc.

EHX 2880 is less easy to control but adds a fourth loop. If you get the foot control it's still not as easy to control as the RC-50, but it's definitely doable. Some more options here, like an octave effect. No presets, no saving.

If you're serious about price not being an issue, get the Looperlative. Hands down the best looper out there/ever. It's feature set is continuously upgraded via software updates and it can do pretty much anything you can think of. It has eight independently controllable loops, but you'll probably want a big midi footswitch to work it.

6. tyggis

tyggis

Mar 11, 2008
    Thanks for the advices. Would you say that the difference in tone quality is big between the RC-50 and the Looperlative? I dont have the chance to try a Looperlative where I live.

7. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    There is no tone difference to any of it once you start getting beyond a Boomerang. They're all digital and record at at least 24 bits. I know the Looperlative is 48 and have no idea on the RC-50, but they all sound completely transparent.

Again, the Looperlative is - by far - the best looper ever and might be one of those few pieces of gear that's worth getting sight unseen so long as you get a controller mechanism with it. If you can try out the RC-50, please do so, but keep in mind the Looperlative's feature set (the RC-50 is a poor-man's Looperlative).