Loop-master - opinions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RS, Aug 23, 2009.

1. I've not heard anything bad about Loop Master. Sometimes the build time can be fairly lengthy. If that switcher has all the features you want, you shouldn't need opinions. You can buy with confidence from Loop Master :smug:.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    They do exactly what they're supposed to do, and are built solidly. I've owned a bunch of Loop-Master products now, and they're all well done. They have the same flaws that any simple true bypass switchers have, but Brian's a good guy. You can also spend extra to expedite your order if you need to, and there's often a few for sale used here and at TGP's classifieds.

3. Hector_G

Hector_G

Apr 6, 2009
    El Paso, Texas
    I JUST received mine on Wednesday. I got that EXACT model. So far so good!
    The LEDs run off of a power supply. Beware though, the plug takes tip negative. I don't have a tip negative power cable so I'm gonna have to order one from Voodoo Labs.

Yes, the build times are kinda long, but where else you gonna get that configuration.

It works perfect. The master bypass is really helpful so you don't have to be stomping all over the place to turn multiple effects off or on.

082009_204500.gif

There's mine.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    What do you mean "beware" center negative? Almost all pedals and power supplies for pedals are center negative- almost everything on your board runs on a center negative supply :D

5. Hector_G

Hector_G

Apr 6, 2009
    El Paso, Texas
    All of my pedals run tip positive / center negative.

The Loop master is tip negative / center positive. My Pedal Power2+ didn't come with that type of cable. So I can't power it up yet.

6. dont true bypass loopers still work without power, its only the LED that needs any juice? i would immagine he would build it with a standard boss-style power supply requirement.. why not?

and +1 to hearing nothing but good about them

7. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Your Loop-Master is center negative as well, unless you specifically asked for it to be custom made with a center positive adapter, which no human would do :D All Loop-Master products are center negative powered.

8. I have a 5-channel looper with a master bypass from loop-master.com. It's built like a tank and has never given me any trouble.

9. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Silly question - what color leds did you get? Different colors for each loop or all the same?

And what was the build time?

10. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I ordered one of my old Loop-Masters specifically thinking of Eric618. Like he, it was rainbow-tastic ;)
    [​IMG]

11. interesting web page thanks. i found it interesting that he claims that George L cables are the best of the best. i first discovered george l's about 15 years ago and immediately started playing them exclusively. i have about 20 cables of various lengths amd think they are the best. i have had about 5 repairs in 15 years and each of these took less than 5 minutes to fix.

12. Hector_G

Hector_G

Apr 6, 2009
    El Paso, Texas

That's what I thought!

I received the looper and noticed the sticker by the port that said center positive. I thought, "Why in the world would he do that?"

Don't know, but he did. Weird. I thought about, and thought maybe I missed something in the order process which specified what type of power requirement I wanted.

I thought it was VERY odd.

And to Grooooove...... yeah they looper itself works without power, it's just kind of aggravating that I have to find the correct polarity cable to power the LEDs.

13. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Have you tried plugging a center negative plug into it yet?

14. Hector_G

Hector_G

Apr 6, 2009
    El Paso, Texas
    Yup, tried one of the regular cables from my PP2+ and no luck.
    I have a Hosa universal power adapter and tried it.
    Worked with the tip negative configuration.

Any clue on why he would build it this way? I just assumed it would be built with the usual configuration as the vast majority of pedals.

15. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9btkeN05-8
    That is so weird! I don't have this problem with mine at all, I run mine off of a daisychain off my PP2+ with a few other pedals and no prob...

16. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Did you try multiple cables and outputs? Could be a bad cable or one of your outputs could have been switched to 12v, etc.

17. Hector_G

Hector_G

Apr 6, 2009
    El Paso, Texas
    What daisy chain do you use?! I've been asking around but got no answer.

And yup, I've tried all of those options you mentioned but nothing worked. It's sho 'nuff tip negative. Even has that sticker that indicates such.

18. Well, we all know blue LEDs make everything sound better....

Actually, the five channels are red, and the master bypass is blue. I got it years ago, I don't remember build time. 3-4 weeks, maybe?

19. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    I'm using a onespot one.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021