Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

loop pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    anyone know anything about the Boss rc-20 loop station? Seems to be a low cost alternative to a boomerang, or finding a used jam man, but I've only seen the official ads.

2. Check out the Akai Headrush. Under 200 and fills many looping rolls with good standard delay to boot.

3. I use a Headrush- 12 sec's of looping time, clear, and easy to use. And built like a tank.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Thanks, I'll try one! -B

5. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

You might wanna check out Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler. It has up to 28 sec. of sample time...and a wider bandwidth than the Akai. It is VERY sturdy and easy to use. Accepts expression pedal control, and in addition to the Looper function you get 16 "models" of classic delays (evertything from tube echoplex's to analog and dital delays, filter swept delays, even a TC dynmaic delay) VERY COOL.
    I have two JamMans and a DL4 (i use loops extensively as a solo basist). The DL4 is just great and damn fun! I tried out the Akai Headrush, but in all fairness, found it to be inferior and noisy.
    Max

6. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Oh...I have tried a demo of the Boss looper. Maybe it will be cool, maybe not. It's hard to say with Roland/Boss. It has not been relaesed yet....and seems like it may be a while before they finally get it together.
    Electrix is due to release (finally) their Repeater looper later this summer (maybe...more R&D delays) and this looks to be the best looping machine yet. With more features and memory than a bank of JamMans and Echoplexes (somewhere around 9.5 minutes of sample time!) all sorts of sync and editing functions...and saveable memory! for less than $500!!!
    But til then....check out a a DL4
    MAx

7. i agree with max about the line 6 dl4, but i also think the NEW boomerang deserves a mention as well. i just had an old boomerang updated to the new version and it rocks! 24 bits, 2 seperate and switchable loops, built in volume control, and a very foot friendly layout. i've been opting to use my dl4 in front of the new boomerang and leave my looping rack at home. an incredibly versatile and great souding combo. if either had midi synch, i'd ditch my jamman and edp.

swing low,

tony