1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Loop pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dllive, Jul 30, 2012.

1. dllive

dllive

Dec 30, 2011
    Hi guys,
    I play a bit of bass and a bit of guitar. I saw this guy on YouTube on thought I could do a similar thing:

Can anyone suggest a decent loop pedal? I have a budget of around £80. I wont be doing lots of looping - I envisage just laying down a bass line, then rhythm guitar, then possibly a secondary guitar, then soloing over the top of it. I would also like to use it in a live setting.

Id be really interested to hear of any suggestions/recommendations you have and what your experiences are of doing a similar thing is.
    Thanks.

2. Maybe a RC3 to get you started. They aren't too expensive and would be enough to have some fun with.

Another concern would be switching inputs. Perhaps a small mixer would help you have multiple inputs without having to unplug all the time *POP!!!

3. dllive

dllive

Dec 30, 2011
    I looked at the RC2 which is within my price range. Im not sure what advantages the RC3 has over it - Ill have a look.

Yes, switching inputs was another concern I had as Ill be unplugging the bass and plugging in a guitar. I think Ill worry about that later - first thing I want to do is get setup with the loop pedal!

4. The RC-3 replaced the RC-2. I have the RC-2 and think it's great. I haven't tried the RC-3 yet but from what I know it has more recording time and less drum tracks, but you can add more drum tracks. Anyway I am sure it is a worthy replacement for the RC-2.