1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Loop station advice...Roland vs. Digitech

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkythumb, Sep 15, 2008.

1. funkythumb

funkythumb Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    I apologize to those who might be upset for me posting this here but I already posted this in the EFFECTS section but it's sleepy time over there and I'd like as much input. Sooo ....here goes.
    I'm ready for a loop station. Application will be for both home use for writing music and for limited (as of now) professional use at fusion/jazz gigs.
    Tone is of greatest importance followed by ease of use. I don't need backing drum loops.
    I'm looking at either the Roland RC-20xl or the Digitech Jam Man.
    The one sales guy I dealt with recommends the the Jam man because it's got a USB hook up and comes with an A/C power cable. It's also about $50 more than the Roland.
    I'd great appreciate input on either or both of these stations as far as sound quality, build (craftsmanship), and ease of use.
    many thanks :)

2. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Posting on your question in effects... right forum.