1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Loop that trails?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Spacelordmother, Mar 16, 2009.

1. I have been in search of such a device to no avail.

I want to be able to kill my loop (typically full of od/dist/fuzz and delay) and have them trail off. I emailed Geoff @ Barge Concepts about a possible mod for my VFB-2 to install a kill on my loop's send to eliminate creating more chaos and allowing the sound to decay on it's own.

What other options are there? Any modders have any clue as to how difficult it would be to add trails to a buffered loop (as in my VFB-2) with a switch or some other means? I suppose I should pose that question to Geoff as well. I'll let you know what I find out.

2. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    You mean a looper that you can turn off and it will gradually fade out?

AFAIK there aren't any. Throw it in a TBP Loop with a volume pedal and do it yourself.

3. yup.

I don't want to have to do stuff, that's why I use effects. :bag:

:D

4. LowG

LowG Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    And you also must be talking about an "effects loop", not a looping pedal such as the Boomerang, etc.

If that's so, the way I do that sort of thing is I keep the delay pedal outside of the loop and use a delay that keeps "trails". Then I switch off all of that dirt and then switch off the delay. I'll start playing clean bass parts and the echos of the dirt are still fading out around me.

Maybe not exactly what you're going for, but that's what I do.

5. Epi Rivoli

Epi Rivoli

Jan 13, 2009
    Precisely what dgelting suggests: keep the time-based effects after the loop. When you're talking about looping devices that "trail out"; I use the Oberheim/Gibson Echoplex. You have the feedback-control controling the decay. You can also use a pedal to control the feedback

6. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    If I understand you correctly, you could put a volume pedal or mute in front of a delay with the feedback set to trail off and put all of this in a blend loop. Hit the mute and you get bypass with trails. This makes me want a blend loop.