1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looper questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jp58, Dec 25, 2016.

1. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Hey guys, so I got a gift card to a big box music store for Christmas. I've had my sights set on a looper pedal for a little while, as I've recently been playing more guitar, and I'm looking to practice alongside myself.

I've got a few questions about them though. On a stereo pedal, is it possible to send a signal along the mono or stereo input only along that output (i.e. can I run my bass through one side to my bass amp, and run a guitar through to a guitar amp on the other side?), or do I realistically need two pedals to pull this off?

My idea is basically to have a bass loop, rhythm guitar loop, and then be able to play a lead line over it.

Anyone have any experience with specific looper pedals?

Thanks all.

2. I've heard of people using the tc ditto x4 that way. I would assume any looper with stereo ins and outs should be able to do it as in order to be stereo it would have to record left and right. I want to say the boss rc-1 is probably the cheapest common brand looper with stereo ins and outs.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    jp58 likes this.
  3. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    if it's stereo input ... you can plug any 2 devices/instruments

4. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Right. But if I plug my bass and guitar into those inputs, do they come out of both outputs or just the side they are plugged in on?

Basically, I'm wanting to prevent destroying my guitar speakers by pushing bass into them.

5. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    I think that's the case with the Ditto X4 .., you can send each instrument to a different amp

6. Here's a video of someone going between guitar and bass on the ditto x4. So the x4 alone can do it.

Another option is the newer jamman loopers. you could get two jamman solo pedals or one solo and one express and they have a feature where you can run a little 1/8" cable between them and they will work together on time. That will work also.

I assume you're worried about signal bleed from left to right. I can't tell you for sure if every looper works that way but these options seem to work for what you want.