Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ladros2, Oct 2, 2005.

1. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    I have a list of stuff i'd like to get, and a looper is in there, which one will allow me to, in a live situation, lay down a bass line, play chords on top of it, and then solo over the two?

Recording and storing ease of use isn't a major thing but would be nice.

Pedal form, no rack stuff.
  2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Bos RC20
    Digitech Jamman
    EHX 16 seconds delay
  3. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Oh, and i'd like to be able to cut out and replace a layer when i want to. Can those ones do that?
  4. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Just one layer ? I don't know. I think the RC20 can only erase the last layer. The other, I don't know.
  5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  6. skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    i use my akai headrush for looping
  7. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Both the RC-20XL (not the original RC-20) and the Digitech Jam Man will let you undo the last overdub when looping. Neither supports feedback (adjustable decay), so everything stays at the level you loop it at. The JamMan has the upper hand for computer connectivity and storage, and the interface seems nicer. I haven't heard one. I do use an original RC-20 and think that it has about the best sound I have heard in a pedal looper. My gut says that the Digitech unit sounds pretty good too.
  8. bad_andy

Sep 21, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    The JamMan manual can be downloaded directly from the digitech website. It answered most of my questions. IMHO, I think that pedal's got the most features in the $300 mark. I'm saving my pennies for one. :)