Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looping An Effects Unit Back Into Itself (Pandora 4XB)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by OysterBoy, Jan 28, 2006.

1. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    I've got a Pandora 4XB headed here, should arrive by monday, along with a few other things (my new amp, and two ibanez pedals; chorus and overdrive). I'm mostly attracted to the Pandora for it's phrase sampler / trainer. It can record in the area of 32 seconds, which is pretty awesome for what I'm going to be doing with it. But the problem is, is that the sampler has it's own input ( a CD jack input, I believe). This presents two problems with using it in a small gig setting (namely, switching the bass out of regular input and into the sampler would be alot of nasty noise), and more importantly, it'd be a "clean" bass being recorded. I'd be missing out on the effects. So, I've been wondering if it would be reasonable to run a splittler from the output, with one line going to the amp head or other effects pedals, and the other line running into the aux input. Would this be a working solution, or will I ruin something by doing this ?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It might be done but you can expect latency and feedback issues.

3. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    That's kind of dissapointing.. what about leading a set of effects (say, a set of pedals) into both the main In, and Aux In ? Feedback abound, or less likely ?

4. i'm not sure that a bass signal will work in an Aux in, i would imagine that aux doesn't accept a line level signal...you'd need some kind of amplification i would guess

5. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Hmm, I do a similar thing into my computer / subwoofer.. although by reading through the manual more closely, I think I can record bass from the input itself; if so, this thread is a waste :p.