Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looping and other effects

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Demens, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Demens

Demens

Apr 23, 2005
    Waco, Texas
    Hey Michael,
    I just watched your video on Basslobster (playing Teen Town). And I saw that you looped everything on stage (previously I thought everything was just multitracked on to a computer, needless to say, I have a great deal more of respect for what you do now, it has really motivated me as a bass player to start solo compositions) Anyways, I was wondering what kind of looping pedal you use, I'm very interested in trying to do some of this myself.

Also, were you using a Hyperbass strung with piccolo strings? Because it sounded very low at times. Do you have an octave pedal or something to make it sound deeper?

Thanks
    -Lloyd

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Lloyd. For that version of “Teen Town” I played my Sonus/Hyperbass hybrid in standard tuning. For the loops I used two Lexicon JamMans locked in MIDI sync.

3. Demens

Demens

Apr 23, 2005
    Waco, Texas
    Thanks for the info! Keep up the jamming!

-Lloyd