1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

looping article

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by cosmicevan, Mar 23, 2006.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Thanks for the suggestions michael. i can't wait to get home to my loopers. i run 2 repeaters in my rig, controlled via footswitch and am constantly using them for practice and composition. can't wait to try out your excercise suggestions.

2. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    It was a great read. I've never really thought of playing with a looper. Thank you Michael!

P.S.

My wife doesn't thank you- Now I'm GASing for a looper.

:D

3. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Me too!!

4. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    it is a worthwhile investment...who needs a band when you can loop?

5. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I've been thinking about biting the bullet and just buying a new Jamman from Musicians Friend. I just bought an Ashbory, so I have to save up some more funds before I can get one.

I REALLY want one. Too bad the 12-months-no-interest dealio doesn't apply to orders $499 and under.....

6. Why not get Mobius (zonemobius.com) and a MIDI floorboard? PC based looping for considerably less than $499.

7. Phe

Phe

May 30, 2005
    Oulu, Finland
    I'm, too, going to buy a looper. From thomann.de you can get Digitech JamMan for 200-300€.

I've been having fun with my brothers old guitar amp with in-build effects. It has two delays and the long delay is particulary lots of fun. I use it as a looper. I just have to loop stuff over and over again. Great for practicing time.

Hmm. Great artictle, fun to read. Thanks.:)

8. four2oh

four2oh

Mar 29, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    i've been playing with the Boomerang Phraser Sampler for a few months.. love this toy.. simple layout/interface, but with amazing verasitility once you figure out how to use it... it's all about timing..

9. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    weclome to the community 420! i've looked into the boomerang as well. my guitarist uses one, they are great boards.

10. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks for the comments, everyone. I’m glad to hear you’re saving up for loopers and I like the suggestions for looping on a budget. In a pinch anything with a reasonably long echo will do just fine.

11. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I just bought a Digitech Jamman, and it's everything you described it to be! I'm practicing a lot more lately, and it shows.

I've made some pretty interesting although rough compositions so far, and I'm very happy with the JamMan. It's a great tool, and I don't know how I ever lived without one. :D