Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looping question ??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by baba, Aug 15, 2002.

1. I'm thinking about getting the Boss RC-20, mainly because of it's 5 min looping time. Of course, I'll use it for bass and guitar (gasp) but I'm wondering if this will work:

Mike my drummer's kit into my PA. Cable the PA out to the RC-20 and thereby get some drum loops. Now I don't need my drummer (don't tell him) everytime I want to jam with beats. Anyone tried this with any looping devices? Will this work? Any better ideas? I know it won't be great drum sound but it's better than none.

Thanks for any suggestions/help.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yes that will work. I've done similar things, mic->mixing board->RC-20. I owne the RC-20 and am quite happy with it.

3. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    The RC-20 will work, and the setup you have will work.

However, you may want to consider some other looping devices.

1. Electrix Repeater: Recently discontinued, so it will be a little hard to find one. True stereo, you can back up loops to SmartMedia cards, and then to PC. Lots of very cool effects.

2. Gibson Echoplex:
    Pretty pricey. Large following, recently had a big software update. Very user friendly.

Check www.loopers-delight.com for more info.

4. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    Not built in effects, but features (reverse, tap tempo, midi synch, etc...)

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Those are very cool devices, just in a different price range than the RC-20.