Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looping Software

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sdguyman, May 17, 2005.

1. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    With all this talk about looping going on here, and Digitech coming out with a new looper that will record up to 6.5 hours I'm wondering if people here have tried looping software out there? I've been using a program called AMBILOOP for some time now. Its freeware. It will loop for as long as you want, as long as you have the memory on your computer to do so. You can layer your loops and add up to 8 different tracks. I pretty much hook up my MIDI/Sound card to a midi footswitch to my laptop and use this set up with my rig.

For those who are interested in looping and want more time/duration for their loops should check out AMILOOP.
    :bassist:

2. Alun

Alun

Jun 6, 2004
    Swansea,Wales,UK
    Endorsing Artist - Elixir strings,Markbass amplification
    Cheers,it looks like an interesting piece of software. Once I've removed a few gigabytes if crap from my hard drive, I'll give it a go.

Cheers,
    Alun

PS What's that Digitech thing? Haven't heard of that one yet.

3. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    Digitech is coming out with the new JamMan in June. AmbiLoop is way cool. I'm just suprised not a whole lot of people have caught onto software. Granted you need a sound card and computer but if you already have a laptop, the sound card is a heck of alot cheaper than what Digitech will charge for the new JamMan. Plus you have to buy a memory card for the JamMan which ='s more $.
    :bassist:

4. Ioang

Ioang

May 5, 2005
    **** hot software! Hours of fun :D Try it with vocals!