1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looping...

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by mry, Jun 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mry

mry

Jun 2, 2018
    Hi, I'm not even sure if this is the right place to ask these questions so...

I'm a complete beginner in terms of music tech and I'm considering trying out a loop pedal. I have done a lot of research but I'm still quite confused about all the equipment needed. I'm looking to buy a loop pedal (I'm thinking of a Ditto Mic looper) and a microphone so that I can loop my acoustic guitar but I don't know what equipment I need. Could anyone give me a list of everything I will need (even things like cables, power suppliers, mixers etc. if they are necessary) because I am really confused. I know this is probably a really obvious question but I will be very grateful for any answers! Thanks!

2. I have a Digitech XT looper on my pedal board. Future plans include adding one for a mic and a drum machine. I got the Digitech line for the syncing capability. Its a nice feature to be able to sync the timing of multiple loopers! I put the looper at the end of my pedal chain. No mixers needed for one looper.