1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. Because Photobucket has chosen to in effect "take down" everyone's photos (unless you pay them), we have extended post edit time in the Luthier's Corner to UNLIMITED.  If you used photobucket and happen to still have your images of builds, you can go back and fix as many of your posts as far back as you wish.

Note that TalkBass will host unlimited attachments for you, all the time, for free ;)  Just hit that "Upload a File" button.  You are also free to use our Media Gallery if you want a place to create albums, organize photos, etc :)

loose knob/ pot fell off

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Geezerman, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Well my knob has been loose since i picked the bass up, and now i just pulled it off the bass to attmpt to start fixing it up. When i pulled it off the pot fell off the bass, and there is no nut or screws attaching the pot to the inside cavity, so i have no idea how to attach the pot and knob so i can wewire this bass.

I would love any help in the matter!

2. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    There should be a threaded section on the pot that sticks out just above the top of the bass. All you need to do is go to the hardware store and find a nut and a washer that will fit it.

3. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Ah ha thank you sir, easy fix! Thank you, now can you point me to a place that sells 26 fretted bass necks? :D

4. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    If you want a 34" scale bass, they don't sell 26s. But this does not mean you cannot use a 34" scale neck, whose 24-fret fingerboard is 25.5" long, (provided it's fretless, and you fret it yourself) on a 32" scale bass, whose 26-fret fingerboard is 24.88" long. If that's what you're willing to do, then Warmoth (or any company of this sort) will be a good place to look. You know what, try emailing Warmoth (or any company of this sort), and asking them if everything I just suggested, with the exception of the fretting a fretless board (more on that in a moment), is possible. If so, ask if they could fret the board for a 32" scale bass with that neck length (it will come to 27 frets and some space on the bottom).