loose knob/ pot fell off

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Geezerman, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Well my knob has been loose since i picked the bass up, and now i just pulled it off the bass to attmpt to start fixing it up. When i pulled it off the pot fell off the bass, and there is no nut or screws attaching the pot to the inside cavity, so i have no idea how to attach the pot and knob so i can wewire this bass.

I would love any help in the matter!
  2. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    There should be a threaded section on the pot that sticks out just above the top of the bass. All you need to do is go to the hardware store and find a nut and a washer that will fit it.
  3. Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Ah ha thank you sir, easy fix! Thank you, now can you point me to a place that sells 26 fretted bass necks? :D
  4. andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    If you want a 34" scale bass, they don't sell 26s. But this does not mean you cannot use a 34" scale neck, whose 24-fret fingerboard is 25.5" long, (provided it's fretless, and you fret it yourself) on a 32" scale bass, whose 26-fret fingerboard is 24.88" long. If that's what you're willing to do, then Warmoth (or any company of this sort) will be a good place to look. You know what, try emailing Warmoth (or any company of this sort), and asking them if everything I just suggested, with the exception of the fretting a fretless board (more on that in a moment), is possible. If so, ask if they could fret the board for a 32" scale bass with that neck length (it will come to 27 frets and some space on the bottom).