Loose raw plugs

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sonic, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

Hey all, I've got two loose raw plugs on the high end side of my neck pickup on my Warwick Corvette Std. As it is, I can't lower the pickup because the plugs at as the anchor for the pickup. I was thinking that super/wood glue and a hammer would be the way to go about dealing with this but I'd like to get other opinions before I go much further. Thoughts?

2. mech

mech In Memoriam

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    I'm not sure what you are referring to and the lack of responses indicate others may have the same feeling. Any way to post pics? I'm sure you'll get some info.

mech

3. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

If you open up a Warwick corvette (not sure about other models) pickup cavity, you'll see little brass rings where the screws for the pickups anchor down (beside the springs). Those are called raw plugs, mine were loose. At any rate, surgery was a success! All is now well in Warwickville.

4. Are you talking about brass threaded inserts?

5. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

Yes, those.

6. mech

mech In Memoriam

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    Ahhhhh!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021