Loose screws + straps!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SIRPHYSCO1, Jun 10, 2004.

May 8, 2004
    Hey i just bought a DiMarzio Cliplock strap and put it on my Fender P-bass and it seems that the wood in the top conection has been stripped and it jiggles. any words of advice on fixing this? I think the screws that came with the strap are smaller so their is less wood to hold on to. :crying:
  2. Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    Put some wood glue in the holes and then screw the screws in and let them set up overnight.
  3. bass_man86

Apr 29, 2002
    Virginia Beach
    Here is the way I get around the problem. Go to the nearest hardare store and buy a pack of plastic wall anchors. These are little plastic sleeves that are used to thread screws into drywall. They work great anytime that you are installing strap locks, and the original holes in the instrument are larger than the screws provided with the strap lock. Hope this helps. ;)
  4. BenderR

Jun 1, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Toothpicks and wood glue are my tool of choice for this little problem. Dip a toothpick in the glue, jam into the hole and break off any toothpick material that is protruding. Repeat as needed. Don't jam the hole full, leave some room for the screw.
  5. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004