Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

loose wires...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeRules00, Sep 22, 2002.

1. I've been moving my Crate BX100 about a lot recently, and today i started to lose sound during playing. It seems the positive and negative wires coming from the cab going to the head are the issue. Whenever the black thing they go through (not sure how else to describe it, its on the underside of the head) isnt pressed down (well, technically up) with a lot of pressure, the sound shakes, and then dies. I figure its a matter of loose wires, probably fixed by delving into the head and reconnecting/sodering/something else. Just how dangerous a move is this for me to perform?

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    unless you have experience with electronics/wiring i would definitely let an experienced tech deal with this one. if that IS all that is wrong with it, it will be a quick and easy fix. it shouldn't cost you much at all either. you could seriously damage the amp and injure yourself if it's done incorrectly. better safe than sorry!

3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I had some issues with my BX-100, and it turned out to be the input jack. Like yours, I had to press on the amp to make it work. Turns out a little solder on the connections from the jack to the board fixed the problem.