1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD LOPO 1x10" Closed Back Cabinet - Empty - Ported and Lined - $90

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jtlee, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    SOLD!

Title pretty much says it. Here's the description for the Lopo website:

Our 1x10 Guitar Speaker Cabinet is an American made quality product. Made from 100% premium 3/4" Baltic Birch Plywood, dado joints, glue and nails. This cab is built to last! It is covered in black tolex with a black grill and nickel hardware. This closed back cabinet is ready for you to install the speaker of your choice. As noted by another TB'er an Eminence Basslite would be perfect: $63 at partsexpress.com. For $150, you'd have a 20 lb, 150 Watt cab!

Dims: 14.5" high x 10.5" deep x 15" long
    Weighs 17 pounds.
    Rubber strap handle
    Metal corners

The previous owner of this cab ported and dampened the cab with acoustic foam (he said he used a box program for the port tuning). Cab is in excellent condition; sorry about the dust...ran out of compressed air before I took the shots. :)

Selling for $90 shipped in the 48 states. Will ship worldwide, PM me for a ship quote. PayPal is cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I just ran the numbers on WIN-ISD. That is about perfect for a Basslite2010 driver. .9 cu.ft. tuned to 60 hz. About flat for that driver. 150 watts RMS, Eminence driver. Thats about all that will work in there though. Would make a real nice in-home practice cab.

3. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks for running the numbers and for the speaker suggestion!

You heard the man...load it with a Basslite and have a killer, super light 1x10"! Maybe some piezo's in the corners?

4. davelowell2

davelowell2 Uhh... FaFaFooey is BaBaBooey... Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    NYC via StL
    That's what I did, with a lot of help from Petebass. Works great as a practice amp with my Valve Jr. Bump for a nice little cab. Wish I had the extra scratch...

5. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
  6. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I used to like to make my own cabs, but as I have gotten older, I have found that my patience has gotten thin. Think I lost it all on raising 5 kids. Also I find that my woodworking skills, aren't up to my own expectations any more. I'm a machinist,at least I was, when I was working, both manual and CNC. I'm good with metal, but with metal, if you take off too much, you can put it back. With wood, when it's gone, it's gone. That and the patience factor has made me forget cab making. Most ALL decent empty cabs are now running between 100 and 200 bucks, depending. Add in a good driver at 100 to 200 bucks also, and you have just about any cab at 200 to 400 bucks, and maybe a little more, if you goof something up. Then when you look at Avatar's for just a spec more than you can build your own for, it makes it pretty much a wash. It's all in the FUN factor of doing it yourself at this point. But YES boys and girls, if you can find an empty cab, thats a decent one for less than a C note, your a happy camper. At least these are my observations of late.

7. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Davelowell2 - Thanks for the info...a pair of these little boxes would be kickin. ;)
    Joegeezer - Thanks for the sage advice. I hear you...I've got two young ones and I just don't have the time to invest in trying to build a cab. I'm actually pretty good with wood, but I get TOO anal about cuts/construction sometimes, so I'd spend way more time than it's worth to build a box.

8. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Lowered price bump!

9. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    pm sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.