Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lord Of The Rings

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, May 11, 2005.

1. I really wanna play that epic tune on bass. There's several epic bits, but mainly the bit when Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn are huntingt the Uruk Hai. Dodededodededooooooooo if that helps. It'd be fun to play. :cool:

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Step 1: Buy (or illicitly obtain) a copy of the sound track.
    Step 2: Listen
    Step 3: Play.

I agree that its an awsome soundtrack as a whole. Its also a pretty easy lick to figure out. I find trying to play along to sound tracks good ear excercise, as they tend towards variations of a few themes with subtles changes as the film evolves. The licks are usually simple, but catching the changes takes a good ear.

3. I tried I really did. I just couldnt get past a certain point. I've forgotten it all now anyway.

4. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Developing your ear, especially with stuff like that, is one of the best things you can do as a musician. Keep at it.

It'll be for for the rest of us at the very least...:)

5. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Practice makes perfect.

6. Awwww I don't like using my ear it will never improve. It's like my memory, really bad.

7. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Are you serious?

I believe your ear will improve over time if you work @ it. I play 95% by ear and it's helped me immensely..but ya gotta put in the time...and by the way, practice doesn't make perfect...perfect practice makes perfect.

What's that saying I read here on TB......Amatuers practice until they get it right, Professionals practice until they never get it wrong. Not sure who wrote that, but that's deep.

Good luck, Man!

8. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    You're kidding right??

If this has to be explained then you'll never get it...

I feel for you. :(

9. omg guys this is the tab section if he wanted to learn how to play by ear he would post in tech. he posted in tabs because he wanted tabs. if you cant help him dont post

10. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    I understand that. However, giving up any effort to improve your musical ear is suicide for a musician. Sure some things come with time - but there are things you have to work for.

That was our point.

11. Well said SIlent Method. The harder I strain my ear the more ocnvuluted notes become, and in the end I can't even tell the difference between a note getting deeper and a ntoe getting higher unless the drop is several semi tones. My ear is useless. Stop giving me crap about it, ok?

12. then pm him it dosnt have any use in this thread. he asked for a tab in a tab forum, he didnt ask how to be a better musician

13. i dont know if this will be of any help but im sure its more then these guys are giving you

Lord of the rings theme
    (main heroic theme)

after looking at some of the other tabs i noticed alot was missing so
    i'm putting my effort in to see f its any better..let me know.
    you'll get the timing if you listen through the theme music.
    Comments/corrections to lennon_is_a_god@hotmail.com if you dont have a profile.

G|----------------------------------------------------------|
    D|---------5-78-75-3-575---------------5-78-7-78-10-8-10-12-|
    A|5-553-335-------------5-87--5-553-335---------------------|
    E|----------------------------------------------------------|

Taken from The BassMasta -- http://www.bassmasta.net

14. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Relax, we were trying to encourage him that his ear will improve, not slamming him!

I, for one, don't want any bassist (or other musician) feeling that things are hopeless when learnig something new.

15. HAHA! Rock on. I played it an octave down and rumbled the house!

16. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    I meant no offense to Nick at all.

As far as your comments, is this your first thread?!? :eek:

It must be. Threads fluctuate all the time.

Especially since it was related to the topic at hand.

[​IMG]