Los Amigos Invisibles gig reveiw

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mcbassdude, Sep 8, 2005.

1. For those of you not hip to this band, Los Amigos Invisibles, they are a Venuezalen funk band. They just got a Latin Grammy nom.
    I had the good fortune of seeing them play in San Diego at a small venue.
    Awesome band. They combine latin grooves into funk, disco, house grooves for a winning combo. The vocals and harmonies were spot on.
    The bassist was playing a Stingray and appeared to be using the house amp a GK800rb and an ampeg 8x10 cab. His sound was monstorous. A finger player he kept the music pumping for the full two hour set non stop. All solid groove, nothing too flashy just solid as a rock.
    These guy's segue like no other band I've seen. Just like a D.J. mix. In the two hour set I think they paused twice, so the audience could catch it's breath.
    I really dug the guitar player. He took only 2 or 3 solo's the whole night, the rest of the time he was just pumping out the most infectuous rhythms employing some great jazzy chords in the process. Alot of guitar players I know could take note from this guy. He was all about the groove.
    The band had drums, conga & timbale, bass, guitar, keys and a lead singer who also played various percussion.

Check these guy's out.

Latin america has been putting out some great bands in the past couple years like Los Amigos Invisibles, Cultura Profetica, Tribah de Jah, Molotov, Genitallica, Soda Stereo, Cafe Tacuba, Plastina Mosh and the like.
    This is the real Latin explosion not like the one 5 yrs ago with Ricky Martin.