1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Losing power to Shure wireless receiver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Colton, Oct 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Colton

Colton

Aug 24, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Hey guy so I have a Pedal Power 2 power supply and I have go Shure receiver>boss oc-2>tc spectra comp>bass fuzz deluxe>aftershock>volume>VT bass Di>amp. And boss TU3 tuner out of volume pedal.
    I randomly just loss total power to my Shure wireless receiver. Its the only thing that loses power. I’ve tried switching ac jacks around with no luck. Any help on why this is happening?

2. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello. Though I can't make a suggestion about your Shure device specifically, you could try this:

First make sure that the rating of the power supply output (the particular port) is equal to or greater than what the Shure needs.

Then try using a different pedal power cable between the power supply and the Shure. Maybe the particular pedal power cable you were using has an intermittent short.

Also, as a further proof or test, you can temporarily power the Shure with a separate power supply (probably it included its own). If it no longer loses power with the separate power supply, then the problem almost certainly will be addressed by one of the first two things I mentioned, above. But if it continues to lose power sometimes, then you'll know that the problem is in the Shure itself.

Good luck!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    I use a Shure wireless and have a board w the pedal power device. It only works well if I use the Shure power supply which I plug into the extra ac outlet in the pedal power