Losing your voice

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paniak17, Mar 22, 2005.

1. I have lost my voice and it started on late sunday night. It's now tuesday night and its not back yet. How long do I have to wait?! What can I do to get it back sooner?! It's really hard in school. I can't talk loud or else I just can't. PLEASE HELP ME! Thanks guys, your the best.
  2. If your voice hasn't come back even a little bit in four days, I'd go to a doctor.

I've had laryngitis twice in my life and lost my voice completely, but only for two days max.

Get it checked out. ;)

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Lots of fluids and complete vocal rest.

Don't whisper! Whispering is actually worse for your voice than screaming in this case. I you absloutely have to talk, make it a point to actually talk. If you keep trying to use your voice and force it, it won't get better. In fact, you can likely be without it for longer and can even do damage to your vocal cords. You don't walk on a sprained ankle. Don't abuse your vocal cords when you're hoarse either.

Also, stay away from cough drops and lozenges. They will dry you out and not help anything. They might ease minor discomfort temporarily but tend to make things worse in the long run.
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Big Joe's right on the whispering.

Also, the herbal company "Zand" makes a Echinacea and Tea Tree Oil throat spray. It comes highly recommended.

It might be time to pay a visit to a health care practitioner.
  5. In addition to the throat spray that Jazzbo recommended, you can also try the old standby Lemon & Honey tea.
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ask ashlee simpson what to do.
  7. Today was different! i got up and could actually talk! well i later foundo out that i couldnt talk in a high pitch or sing really high. I'm assuming within the next two days everything will be comepletly healed. One post was shocking to me, i've been having lots of cough drops lately. Maybe thats why it is healing so slowly? or quickly? I donno. But Thanks Guys.