Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

loss of power .... ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by johans, Jan 5, 2005.

1. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    guys ...
    been a while since i play with my black beauty, for 2 weeks, we've been renting a studio for our rehearsal and i rent their ampeg 350H with an ampeg svt410hlf ...

strange is both ampeg 350h and the blackbeauty has the same power rating, both pushes 350W at 4ohm ... black beauty even pushes further 450W at 2ohm ... but after the rehearsal with ampeg and return to my black beauty ...
    it really really really feel powerless ..
    its like it has lost the power and punch and low end somewhere ..

any of you ever notice this .. ?
    to put it a contrast, i A/Bed the black beauty with a friend's fender rumble 100 (100W) and i even 'feel' fender than the swr :(

2. dgovaerts

dgovaerts

Dec 22, 2004
    whenever I'm listening to something new or something else, in your case the ampeg (was it an ampeg?), it seems that it's better than wat you're used to or are currently own. After a while you will know what you're missing in your own amp.
    I had the same thing with my peavey T-max. Sold it to a beautiful bass playing girl and bought an line6 bass pod pro and only liking the ampeg and swr models. Now I sold the line6 and back in business with a peavey max preamp. Like the bass playing girl tells me, PEAVEY RULEZ. In the end you probably get back to your black beauty

3. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    thanks man! :)