Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lost a bass fellow today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jure the second, Jan 4, 2006.

1. One of my local bass buddies ended his life today. It seems like he was tired of fighting his personal demons.

He used to be one of the major driving force of musicianship in our local scene, but last couple of years everything for him just went downhill.

Life stories like his make you remember how easily things can go out of control. Hopefully, he will find peace up there with the stars.

Jure

2. I'm really sorry that you have lost your buddy. Life can be very difficult and good friends are hard to find. Be assured that your bass buddies on Talkbass are with you at this sad time.

3. my regrets. R.I.P

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am sorry to hear of your Friends death.I dont think anyone could ever fully grasp the amount of pain in the heart and soul of someone who ends their life. :(

5. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Definitely.

6. R.I.P, bud sorry to hear

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

How are you doing Jure?

8. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I'm really sorry to hear about your bud. Keep on making the music, though. That's why it's there.

9. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

will be with you and his family.

Sincerely,
    Wesley R.

10. +1.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

11. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    :( Sorry for your loss.

12. I am gratefull for all your words and thoughts. In times like these you realize, what friends are for. I did a lot of talking about this with my family, other musicians, friends, so together we're gonna accept this fact and move on.

Like it's written here there's a lot of good music and groove still to be made.

Thanks again :bassist:

Jure

13. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    My aunt killed herself 11 years ago, I've dealt with death before but suicide is the hardest, because it begs the question "why".

the saddest part of suicide is that you can never help the person to change their mind. the best that we can do is hold onto the fact that they made the choice and all the pain that they were feeling is now over. we may never understand the decisions made but accepting them is vital.

you are in my prayers