1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lost a gui****- Got a great Guitar Player!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by pgolliher, Oct 3, 2013.

1. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest...

A year or two ago a singer guitarist came to me to start an original hard rock band. I brought in my friend who is a drummer, he brought in a guy that he knew for the lead guitar spot.

The lead guitar player he brought in was a 80's style shredder that looked the part, even though he was only in his late 20's. The guy was mostly great on stage, long hair- goes nuts, even smashed a guitar, and took a girl into the bathroom a one gig...living the rock and roll lifestyle.

The problem- he always was living the rock and roll lifestyle. He lived at home, no job, no car, never put in $ for anything... and he would drink all the beer as fast as he could, get wasted, and then would crank his amp at practice and never shut up. A few talks a couple of blow ups and nothing changed.
    Then.. he went to Hawaii and isn't coming back.

We played last night with a good friend/great guitar player last night and he fit perfectly! Sounded great and he already knows and is friends with the rest of the band. We actually could stop and talk between songs- it was amazing how much one bad fit can ruin a band. I was so stoked I couldn't even sleep last night after practice.

2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    You put up with the other guy for how long? :confused:

3. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Right now the new guitar player and drummer are talking -
    "man, all we need to do is get rid of that bass player......."

Just kidding!