Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lost a Shipmate yesterday

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by neptoon, Feb 24, 2003.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    a friend of mine, Ross Brethour was killed trying to prevent a gang of kids from stealing his car yesterday...apparently they got access to his car while he was in a restaraunt picking up his girlfriend. when he came out he tried stop them and was run over. he was a Chief Petty Officer in the Navy...and a friend of mine.

2. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    That sucks, man.

Were the little bastards caught? I hope they throw the whole library at them, not just one book. :mad:

3. sorry man, we all have to say goodbye sometimes. i send my condolences.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    did they catch the scum that did this? that sucks, man. :(

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    thanks guys...

no, the guys that were responsible weren't caught yet.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    on a related rant, an APB wasn't put out for his car until this morning...that is totally unacceptable.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Neptoon. :(

8. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    :( I am sorry to hear that Neptoon...My prayers are with you, his family, and his girlfriend.

9. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Bad all around.

Pisses me off about the cops too.

Need some guys to clean up the neighborhood like the boys from 2nd RGR Bat did out there a while back.

10. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    My deepest sympathies, Neptoon.

Really tragic.

How is his family holding up?

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    indeed they did, Mr. Zuluaga. 2nd Rangers are a HOOAH buncha guys...their help would be most appreciated.

as far as his family, his girlfriend witnessed it as she was right there as they were coming out of the restaraunt...his first ex-wife died of cancer not too long ago and my division officer just left to inform his last ex-wife about an hour ago...one of those "The Navy regrets to inform you..." deals. his two kids are with his girlfriend.

12. oh man neptoon. i am so sorry to hear this. my prayers go out to you, his parents, kids, and his girlfriend. hope they catch the little ****s that did this. we are all here for you.:(

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Sorry to hear that. Don't worry, they'll be caught. How do I know? Because they're stupid, and stupid people ALWAYS get caught.

14. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    God, reading this pisses me off to no end. I agree with Thrash, I hope they throw more than the book at this scum.

It's sad that someone got killed over a material posession. Even though I'm a liberal, it's crap like this that makes me pro-death penalty. (Hope that doesn't turn this into a politcal thread. :p )

I wish you and his loved ones the best. :(

15. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Holy crap... I'm really sorry.

16. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, they caught the guy...not too many details

article

17. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
  18. My condolences Neptoon.

Let's wish for a little "military justice" and an account of the punishment is offered in the same way...not too many details.