Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lost... in the cabs...Next goal is Aguilar?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by De Teng, Nov 5, 2003.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Now I believe a 2.10" Bag End is really difficult to find in the Netherlands, it's may be better for me to look for a new combination. The costs will almost be the same.

I heard the Aguilars (2*GS112) last week and I was quite impressed about their sound. With my head (Peavey T-Max)I deliver a sufficient amount of power (350 W. RMS), but the small size of the Bag End (D10B-X) doesn't give me the volume or pressure I need on stage.

So a few combinations (4 ohm) come up: the GS212, GS410 and the two GS112s. What would you prefer, considering the price difference, weight and sound? Or perhaps alternatives? Epifani is too expensive. ;)

Note that I live in Europe and the cabs will cost a lot more than they do in the US. (resp. 980, 1260 and 580 euro each.)

Style is jazz/funk/rock. Your replies help me a lot as they did before! Thanks in advance.

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    You may want to look into Glockenklang, and even EBS since you are in Europe. I believe Glockenklang makes a nice compact 12" cab.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  4. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    What about Hevos? They're in the Netherlands.

www.hevos.nl

5. flacko

flacko

Dec 6, 2001
    Surrey , UK
    I have looked into purchasing an ACME cab and importing it into UK. It is a realistic option and assume it would also be possible to import into Holland. If you email ACME they can help you - at least they did me.

This could open up your options.

I believe that once shipping, insureance and customs duty was taken into account, the price of the cab increased by about 35 - 40 %.

6. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    if your band is not too loud 2 1x12" is favorite option. If it is, gs410 is very loud and deep too. I own it and couldn't be more happier.

7. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Well... my band is sometimes quite loud, so the 410 would be better, or the 2.12" perhaps?

Anyway.. Hevos is a little too expensive for me, I don't know ACME, thanks anyway. Our customs take another 20% of the total price, they also do this in GB I guess.

8. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    I prefer sound of 12's. I played through eden 212xlt and had troubles to hear myself in loud situations. I don't know how aggie 12" works but I'm sure that 10's cut better through mix

9. flacko

flacko

Dec 6, 2001
    Surrey , UK
    Yep, we're taxed till we spit teeth here :)

Unfortunately I've lost my exact figures but the 35-40% included the UK Customs Duty. And yes, I think that was about 20% of the purchase price.

The reason I didn't go ahead was that I couldn't try the cab before purchasing.

Can you audition Eden gear in Holland ? May be worth investigating if you can.

10. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    I've played through a 2.10 Eden, but I don't like it anymore. Too much mid-coloured and after listening to Bag End I swapped them instantly. :rolleyes:

About Aguilars, I'm really curious about them. Last Sunday I heard Bona playing over 2 Aguilar 410 cabs and it did cut through very well. The guy who imports the brand, used 2 112GS ones, so I was curious about some opinions of you guys/girls. :D