1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lost my auxes on my digital board..using a through on a monitor

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by troy mcclure, Jan 14, 2017.

1. I burned out my op amps on my dl1608, yep all 3 are shot. It is about a $250 repair.
    In my band we only use 2 monitor feeds and they are really simple. The guitar wants his vocal only and the lead singer wants his vocal only.
    I am thinking of just running their mics through their powered monitors in and through to the board.
    I have older Mackie 450s.
    1) is their enough preamp in the 450s to amplify the mic level?
    2) will the pass through degrade the signal to the board?

My other alternative off the top of my head is to split the feed with a y and send one to the board and the other to a very small mixer and send the mixer feed to each monitor.

Any thoughts?

2. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    pass thru on those Mackie's should work fine.. should NOT degraded the signal to the DL.

3. wow another mystery... the below applies to both sr450 and an hd1221
    1) the monitor will give you a signal with a mic plugged straight in..
    2) will pass the signal through to the board if you plug another xlr in

It will not do both

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    goddammit
    stan.

i suppose you could just buy or make a couple mic splitter cables, one side going to the wedge and the other to the board.

5. OK, I have thought on this...is the Phantom power from the board making the monitor through not work?
    The dl1608 does not have a choice of which channels to use it on and I need it on the drum overheads.

6. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Stoopid question time: why are you using drum overheads?? I've seen your rig, and the rooms you play in.

7. cause I have them

8. What could cause the op-amps to burn out on a mixer? (not being a smartass, just really wanna know)

9. it said online that they were driven to hard....not sure how though...