Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lost Power cable, what else will work? Question!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lessthanpunk, Nov 9, 2002.

1. lessthanpunk

lessthanpunk

May 6, 2002
    I played a show in Salt lake city last week, and I lost my amp power cable for my Hartke 3500. I noticed my guitarists marshall cable fits right in there, and i think a computer power cable would fit too. SO my question is, would using another amps or computer cable for my amp be ok? Sorry for the stupid question.

2. (pats on the head)

yes son, it will work just fine.

"things are definately getting better. You can just tell these things"

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hosa makes 'em too.

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Geez, you'd use a HOSA power cable? I wouldn't let my cat take a dump on a HOSA power cable. Instead, I use PLATINUM TITANIUM ULTRA DIALYTHIUM SUPERPHAT MONSTER powercables for all of my gear. For only $129.99 a pop, they give you a MUCH more hi-fi sound with LOADS more high end.

Get with the program, dude. :rolleyes:

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    a quick trip to your computer store should fix you up good, < punk.

but dammit, Chris, where do you get these incredibly overpriced, yet alluring overhyped cables that would prolly do NOTHING for my tone, but at least, i'd have piece of mind that i bought something soooo damn expensive that my mind would play tricks on me, and make me think there was a difference?

:D:D

;)

6. I tried the PLATINUM TITANIUM ULTRA DIALYTHIUM SUPERPHAT MONSTER powercables but the lower midrange seemed to lack authority and the upper midrange was veiled. Then I tried the UNOBTANIUM SUPERCONDUCTIVE HYPERBOLE and the results were incredible!! The highs were shimmering and transparent, and the non-linear time delay was suddenly coherently phased!! I must admit, the $125,000 I spent on the UNOBTANIUM SUPERCONDUCTIVE HYPERBOLE was a true investment in aural stimulation.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I said Hosa makes 'em. I did not say that I use 'em. I, of course, utilize the Platinum Titanium Ultra-Dialythium SuperPhat Monster interconnects that most of us in the know here at TalkBass are using.

8. Not only am I using the PLATINUM TITANIUM ULTRA DIALYTHIUM SUPERPHAT MONSTER power cables, I have replaced all the wiring in my house with the same stuff. I am now in the process of running PLATINUM TITANIUM ULTRA DIALYTHIUM SUPERPHAT MONSTER cable directly to the power plant. This will ensure that amp gets the cleanest of power and that I will be able to boast to my audiophile friends that my cabling cost $150 000 000.....

Anyway, in answer to the original question, any IEC (computer) type cable will work fine.

9. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Ha! You fools! I found a buncha those in the clearance aisle at Walmart this week. I'll sell you all you want for $50 each.

10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    YeAh, bUt DiD u NaMe Ur KaBeLz???:D

11. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I tried the PLATINUM TITANIUM ULTRA DIALYTHIUM SUPERPHAT MONSTER powercables but the lower midrange seemed to lack authority and the upper midrange was veiled.
    -----------------------------
    I agree, and at first I had difficulty coming up w/ a solution.

Now everything is clear -- in mind and in tone. I have dewired all of my amps. They now run off of broadcast power from the mothership. ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US!!!

12. lessthanpunk

lessthanpunk

May 6, 2002
    Thanks for the information guys!

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Best. Post. Ever! :D

Ray

14. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I know! I was very proud of it, but it took 2 years for anyone to recognize my comic genius :) I think I'll resurrect it for my sig line :hyper:

I still run off broadcast power from the mother ship -- my bandmates tried to get me to install a step-down transformer because the funk was just too deep, but I've shown them that they were underestimating how funky they could be, so it's all good now.

Alternating current is for squares!

15. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    yeah pc cord is grand, as is a kettle cord or the majority of cords that have to be plugged into the product aswell as the socket.

16. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I have to jump on the bandwagon here, just make sure you get a "thick" one, eh? Thick is good. Thin is bad.

That's what I've been telling my wife . . . um . . . about my wasteline, that is . . . :eek: