Lost That Lovin' Feeling...Peavey Rant

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4-stringB, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 4-stringB

4-stringB

Jun 10, 2010
    Tallahassee
    In 2013 I bought a Peavey IPR DSP 1600. It performed well enough, but had issues with cheap manufacturing techniques. The amp main board and housing mechanically buzzed at certain frequencies. But I gigged it a number of times. But recently, the power switch and logo LEDs flickered in and out and the amp would not switch on. I sent it to Peavey Repair. 17.00 USD shipping. They replaced the "Power LEDs". (Power LEDS, is that anything like high-beam fluid?), And said it performed to specs. Now, today, it just died again. Before, it would not turn on, now it died while in use. I guess I'll send it back in again, but I have lost all confidence in this amp, and Peavey.

2. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    There are members here that would take a bullet for their Peavey. I started playing back in the day on a Peavey. But even back then they were riddled with issues. I even had a 118 cab of theirs that one of the wires running into the cone came loose from its connection. AT THE CONE!

I switched to GK a long time ago and Peavey is just a bad memory.

4-stringB likes this.
  3. 4-stringB

4-stringB

Jun 10, 2010
    Tallahassee
    I'd take a bullet for my '68 Series 500, and my 73-74 Series 400. But this Chinese crap, meh.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Despite all efforts at quality control sometimes a lemon gets through. I’d call customer service and see what they suggest.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021