Lost weight today!

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Paulabass, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Went ipad control digital today. I picked up a Soundcraft Ui-16

My bands usual FOH- Either a Mackie 24/4 or equiv. 2x multi effects/reverb, 5x 1/3 oct. eq, 4xstereo compressor, driverack 260.

I'm really impressed with this unit. Been learning navigation all day. Super, super easy!
    Tomorrow in our rehearsl room I'm going to switch boards from the A&H in the pic, to this!
    Between a board in a case, and my old FOH rack, I lost 150 pounds in one day!

IMG_0493.JPG IMG_0491.PNG
    IMG_0494.JPG

2. awakefie

awakefie Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I've had one for about 2 years now. It's a good unit. WiFi can be twitchy at some venues because the broadcaster is not all that powerful. Good news is you can hook up an external wifi router and have yourself a rock-solid flamethrower for a signal.

I love all the options for a compact board. I especially love the Aux Sends (6 if you use the Headphones jacks - IIRC).

3. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    MY A&H 24x4 (the 24 ch version of yours) is sitting idle in its doghouse case - along with the same gear you have next to it - effects, compressors, etc.
    The case is worth more than the entire group of electronic devices. :rollno::crying::crying::crying:
    Now, I can get ALL of that in a 3-rack space unit for under $1000 :hyper:

4. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    ^ My A&H in the doghouse is worth $600 IF I can find somebody that wants it.
    Technology always has a price.

s0c9 likes this.
  5. SuperK

SuperK Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Congrats! Your back will thank you for it.

musicman7722 likes this.
  6. I’m no sound pro by any stretch - but one of my bands is digital with the ubiquitous Berhinger XR-18. It’s absolutely fantastic. I’m mixing my own in ear monitor mix from my iPad. We mix - quite successfully - from stage, because the ‘stage’ can go out front to adjust levels during soundcheck. Our sound is very very good now. Speaking of soundcheck - we now soundcheck MUCH faster and more accurately. Literally 5-10 minutes. I can’t fathom going back to an analog/non wi-fi based mixing. And we are just scratching the surface of the built in effects ( which are excellent imo)

musicman7722, s0c9 and SuperK like this.
  7. I started with a DL1608 then moved to the Behringer XR-18? and now use a DL32r. The advances in tech are amazing all these boards are a blessing from rock and roll heaven.

8. Ben B

Ben B

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Digital mixers are great. One of my bands is using a 24 channel Soundcraft and my church is using Behringer X32 Rack. Other small 4 - 6 channel mixers for practice or acoustic gigs, there's no way I would go back to analog mixers.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021