Lost Wire.. Please Help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Saorex, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Saorex

Mar 7, 2004
    Quebec, Canada
    Hi guys.

I recently bought brand new EMG PJ pickups and while I was installing them on my bass, I managed to lose the "quick connect" wire that goes to the jazz pickup. I really love me when these things happen...

Anyway, any of you have a clue where I could find a replacement one... My local dealer has nothing that can help me.

Thanks a lot!
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I think if you go to a computer place and buy the little cable for hooking up the audio on a CD drive (they will know what you are talking about...) it is the same connector. I think also EMG has the pin assignments on their website.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  4. Saorex

Mar 7, 2004
    Quebec, Canada
    Thanks to both of you. Trevorous, I know exactly what you're talking about, I'm a computer engineer. But all wires I've seen for CD/soundcard were 4 pins, not 3. I'll check it. Thanks again. I'll also check GuitarPartsDepot.

I'd like to have the original because the shielding excellent...

mmm... can't find the wires alone on the website... anyone can help? Just came back from the bar and I'm a bit drunk ;)

---EDIT #2-------------

Finally found it!

---EDIT #3-------------

Ordered... and by the same time I ordered new knobs (saved some shipping). Gonna be by the end of next week. Thanks again!