Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Losten to the two songs i got and tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DiarrheaKing, Mar 19, 2001.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Well, if you want honest critcism, I won't blow sunshine up your ass.

Doin' Acid By Myself

Dug the bass solo. Not a fan of distorted bass, but it was still kick ass. The lyrics were funny; as I listened to it I could just see someone on acid rambling off names of fruits. (That won't make sense unless you listen to the song...)

My Slut boobies

Yeah... I definitely liked the first one more. I can see what you're going for, but the song was just too repetitive. It's a pretty long song, and with some more variation it would catch a person's interest more. The pitch shifter effect on the vocals sounded corny and kind of out of place. I really like the idea of the effects on the vocals, and the others were cool, but maybe not that one. The lyrics were pretty disturbing... but, again, I'm assuming that's what you're going for. In that respect, you did a good job. The vocalist's voice fits well for what he's saying, if you follow what I mean.

2. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Hey that's pretty weird and pretty good!

I enjoyed the first song (fruit?) and the bass solo was neat. THe second song was too slow... but still kinda cool.

/lovebown

3. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I´m listening to the first song, and I love it!!...I have a slow modem so I´ll download the other song l8er..

4. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Ya, the acid song is funny. It sounds like the "singer" is eating something midway through the song. It reminded me of The Bloodhound Gang. I haven't checked out the other song yet.

5. Thanks for all the response. Yes pat was eating a sandwich, it was recorded in my living room afterschool in under an hour.

6. that first one is hilarious!! hahaha i loved it, of course its not wicked quality or anything but still cool. i'm listening to the second one now

7. **** man, i just realised you guys are newfoundlanders to!! we've got some more in here!! thats crazy now there........are three of us i think...

8. NEWF POWER!

2 more songs are up, I highly reccomend Rock N Roll. Im going to have to do up so more of my funky bass things i got done.

9. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I listened to the first song, and i really thought it was a dumb idea.. BUT THE SOLO WAS GOOD!!

the bad thing is.... the song really sucked.. sorry

10. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    I listened to "My Slut boobies", and I have to say it's pretty lame. Also, "Matt's Sadness" is dumb. I don't know if you were trying to be serious with that, but it didn't sound serious at all. I only listened to a little bit of "Rock n Roll" because the singing was just too painful to hear.

11. i wasnt in to the second tune, but the first one was kinda kool, good idea, good solo