1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Lothar Seifert (not W. i.e. Wilhelm) French bow (price drop to 2300, see text)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by northpaul, Oct 6, 2019.

1. northpaul

northpaul Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2006
    New Jersey, USA
    Price:
    Style:
    French
    Edit: Price dropped to 2300 - if someone knows how to edit the listed price please let me know because I'm not seeing it. There is a similar bow that was being sold for 3500, now on sale for 3200 at Lemur and another one (same maker though it looks a little different) from Metzler for 4450. Hoping that the price drop might attract some interest, even if it is to just try to flip it to get some extra cash.

Lothar Seifert, master crafted (W. Seifert being the lower end offerings). Pernacumbo stick, ebony frog and button divider, silver fittings. I got this bow from Lemur back in 2000 or 2001 and at the time didn’t realize that I had gotten something that would make me not seek any other bow in the future. It really is great, and I know that’s subjective but every other bow I’ve tried since I just don’t like as much. I’m sure being so used to this one plays into that but I still feel obliged to sing its praises. I’m sad to be selling it but I have a daughter to support and money is critical right now. Weight measures at 147g on my kitchen scale. The balance is great. Can’t think of much else - from my googling around for prices it looks like these are hard to find as he stopped making bows around 2012. Despite finding much higher asking prices for the ones I did find, I am hoping that pricing on the lower side will encourage buyers, so if you have any questions, photo or info requests please let me know. I live in central NJ if you’d like to come check it out. Thanks for looking. Oh, also price asked includes shipping if not local and I’m not interested in trades unless it is a trade in addition to money. I will likely be looking for an inexpensive carbon bow to use as a replacement so if a trade were part of a payment then I wouldn’t be interested in anything too pricey in terms of the bow included with partial payment.
    Paul

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  2. johnny_bolt

johnny_bolt

Mar 28, 2017
    Las Vegas
    Do you happen to know, are all the X Seifert bows made in Germany? Or only the L. Seifert? I wonder if the W. Seifert bows are from China or Czech?

3. Unless something changed drastically and recently, all are made in Germany. The W bows are the workshop model, the L made by the recently retired master.

northpaul likes this.
  4. johnny_bolt

johnny_bolt

Mar 28, 2017
    Las Vegas
    Ah hah, thanks! I just saw a "W. Seifert" French bow in a shop in good condition for $450. That was the only stamp on it, not "Germany" or other origin.

5. Fred W

Fred W

Feb 21, 2002
    Bronx, NY
    That is the bow I've been looking for. Unfortunately I'm stuck in Panama, where we were planning to settle in the fall... one more season of gigs and concerts in the NY area then were going to drive down, oh well we are doing better than a lot of people. I have to go back home to the Bronx someday to settle affairs and get my instruments to Panama. If you have not sold by then I'll be in touch

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021