Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LOTR theme tune

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yorkiebassist, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    I've decided i'd quite like to do a piece of Lord Of The Rings theme music for part of my music tech arrangement, but I don't know the name of the song I want to do, just how it goes. It's the theme they use when Aragorn is about, and also the theme used when Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas are tracking the Uruk Hai. It goes like this DDD CC D G A A# A G F G A. I just need its name.

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    It´s a theme tune of sorts...

In FOTR the song is called the bridge of khazad dum.
    In TTT it´s called Uruk Hai.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Cool thread. I'm going to go home and watch LOTR:ROTK on my new plasma tonight. Thanks for bringing this up!! :D

-Mike

4. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    I got the extended edition box set for christmas. It is so good. The audio commentary is also good, tells you a lot about the film. For example, in the Black Gate battle scene, the troll that is fighting Aragorn was originally going to be Sauron himself, but they dropped that idea, and imposed a troll image on the one of Sauron.

5. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    What is it called in ROTK? I'm sure it's got something to do with Aragorn's presence, or one of the fellowship's presence, as it only plays when they are around.

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Aren't there any score sheets available somewhere? I'd like to play the theme on my harmonica :cool:

More LOTR geeks! Yessss preciousss.

:ninja:

7. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    I do a killer impression of that voice.

8. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    My schools orchestra did the whole thing last year.

very badass.

9. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    It is such a good theme tune. Greatest theme to a film ever. Best orchestral piece i've ever heard too. Love it.

10. bigjames

bigjames Player of Smooth Lines

Jan 25, 2005
    Burnaby, Canada
    I thought it was called Aragorn's Theme or something like that. It is a recurring theme throughout the film(s). Howard Shore did an awesome job orchestrating, composing, etc for these films...just awesome.

I can do the Gollum voice too...in fact I have won some radio contests with that voice when ROTK hit the theatre.

11. bigjames

bigjames Player of Smooth Lines

Jan 25, 2005
    Burnaby, Canada
    My buddy has the sound track and he says it comes up many times throughout the various arrangements. It comes up in The Ring Goes South for one. I still think it is called Aragorn's Theme.